Multiplex PCR Testing Technology
The Most Advanced 4 Target Multiplex PCR Testing Technology
Cutting Edge Multiplexing Technology
MAS has adopted the leading edge technology of multiplexing with the addition of the Opentrons OT-2 robots, QuantStudio 12K Flex Real-Time PCR and the Chemagic 360.
OT-2 by Opentrons
Novel robotic pipetting system that provides Millenia Advanced Scientific with fast, accurate, and precise liquid transfers.
QuantStudio 12K Flex Real-Time PCR
Comprehensive real-time PCR platform that leverages the best real-time technology.
Nucleic Acid Extractor. This instrument represents the ideal solution for nucleic acid isolation.
4 Target Technology for Faster and More Accurate Results
Combining robotics and multiplexing provides the most advanced testing solutions in the healthcare marketplace. These enhanced testing capabilities enable Millenia Advanced Scientific to accurately and quickly deliver critical results. Together, with this latest technology and our team of highly trained laboratory scientists, technologists, pathologists, and chemists, we bring you leadership in laboratory testing services.
- RdRp (RNA-dependent RNA polymerase)
- N (nucleoprotein)
- E (envelope protein gene)
The Openstrons Advantage
- Cutting edge robotics technology
- Improves accuracy
- Uses 4 target multiplexing technology
- Eliminates false positives
- Enhances testing capacity
- Provides results within 24 hours
How It Works
Robotics can automate hundreds of life science protocols and workflows while offering speed and efficiency that can only be attained with this system. The risks of human error with manual sample handling can be circumvented by automating nucleic acid extraction with robotics, thus ensuring greater consistency and reliability as well as better quality data overall.
Using Robotics and PCR Testing Capabilities for COVID-19
Real-time PCR (Polymerase Chain Reaction) is a valuable molecular technique performed in a high complexity laboratory to accurately analyze the genetic material of pathogens. As a modern molecular biology lab, MAS utilizes PCR to identify and quantify both bacteria and viruses as well as to determine antibiotic resistance. PCR is 3-5X more sensitive than conventional culture techniques and allows us to report results for both pathogen identification and antibiotic resistance.
PCR Testing: The Gold Standard in Molecular Diagnostics
- PCR tests help to identify the presence of the COVID-19 (Sars -CoV-2) virus
- OT-2 by Opentrons, QuantStudio 12K Flex Real-Time PCR Chemagic 360
- Test is conducted with a nasal-pharyngeal swab sample (NP, upper respiratory).
- Results are ready within 24 of receiving the specimen to identify if the virus is present.
- Each test is covered by all insurance plans and un-insured at 100% of the allowed amount without any patient responsibility (no copay or deductibles apply).
- Detects Polymicrobial Infections at Once
- Provides an Accurate Diagnosis within 24 hours
- Unaffected by Concurrent Antibiotic Use
- Decreases Additional Unnecessary Diagnostic Testing
- Lowers Healthcare Costs
- Identifies Antibiotic Resistance
- Improves Antibiotic Stewardship
- Reduction Unnecessary Drug Exposure and Adverse Events
- Decrease Patient Risks
- Eliminates Subjectivity
- Improves Patient Satisfaction