Multiplex PCR Testing Technology
The Most Advanced 3 Target Multiplex PCR Testing Technology
Cutting Edge Multiplexing Technology
Millenia Advanced Scientific has adopted advanced multiplexing utilizing the Opentrons OT-2 robots and QuantStudio 12K Flex Real-Time PCR system.
OT-2 by Opentrons
Novel robotic pipetting system that provides Millenia Advanced Scientific with fast, accurate, and precise liquid transfers.
QuantStudio 12K Flex Real-Time PCR
Comprehensive real-time PCR platform that leverages the best real-time technology.
3 Target Technology for Faster and More Accurate Results
- RdRp (RNA-dependent RNA polymerase)
- N (nucleoprotein)
- E (envelope protein gene)
Utilizing multiplexing enhanced testing capabilities enables Millenia Advanced Scientific to accurately and quickly deliver critical results. Together, our team of highly trained laboratory scientists, technologists, and pathologists, we bring you leadership in laboratory testing services.
The Opentrons Advantage
- Cutting edge robotics technology
- Improves accuracy
- Uses 3 target multiplexing technology
- Eliminates false positives
- Enhances testing capacity
- Provides results within 24 hours
How It Works
Robotics can automate hundreds of life science protocols and workflows while offering speed and efficiency that can only be attained with this system. The risks of human error with manual sample handling can be circumvented by automating nucleic acid extraction with robotics, thus ensuring greater consistency and reliability as well as better quality data overall.
Using Robotics and PCR Testing Capabilities for COVID-19
Real-time PCR (Polymerase Chain Reaction) is a valuable molecular technique performed in a high complexity laboratory to accurately analyze the genetic material of pathogens. As a modern molecular biology lab, MAS utilizes PCR to identify and quantify both bacteria and viruses as well as to determine antibiotic resistance. PCR is 3-5X more sensitive than conventional culture techniques and allows us to report results for both pathogen identification.
PCR Testing: The Gold Standard in Molecular Diagnostics
- PCR tests help to identify the presence of the COVID-19 (Sars -CoV-2) virus
- OT-2 by Opentrons, QuantStudio 12K Flex Real-Time PCR
- Test is conducted with a nasal-pharyngeal swab sample
- Results are ready within 24 of receiving the specimen to identify the presence of the virus